49ers defensive lineman Justin Smith Thursday was in uniform for the first time since his Dec. 16 triceps injury. Smith, wearing a plastic brace over his left arm, warmed up with his fellow defensive linemen and went through individual drills, Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee reports. It was the Smith’s first on-field injury since partially tearing his triceps tendon in the third quarter against New England.
“I figure I got three more good years in me, four more good years,” Smith said at the time. “I don’t want to be the guy that becomes the third-down guy, plays 17 (snaps), I don’t want to do that. I’m figuring, let’s go.
“Time is of the essence for me, personally,” Smith continued. “Not everyone else. We have a young defense. But I think everyone feels the urgency ,and we’ve got the guys right now. Let’s not wait.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on