The 49ers placed defensive end Demarcus Dobbs on injured reserve Tuesday after the special teams standout injured his right knee Sunday against the Dolphins
The team had wanted to replace Dobbs with former Eagles linebacker Matt McCoy. However, McCoy did not pass his physical today with the team, his agent said. He had suffered a serious knee injury in 2011 while with the Seahawks and had been rehabilitating in San Diego this year.
That means the 49ers have two open roster spots, the other coming due to running back Brandon Jacobs’ three-game suspension. The team is not expected to fill those spots today. At least one of the spots is sure to be taken by a player, like McCoy, whom the 49ers feel has value on special teams.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on