49ers running back Kendall Hunter is done for the season due to a left ankle injury suffered in Sunday’s game against the Saints.
The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the 49ers haven’t yet announced how long Hunter will be sidelined, did not specify the injury. The Niners said only Hunter had suffered an ankle injury on Sunday.
Hunter, a fourth-round pick last year, had 371 yards and two touchdowns on 72 carries in San Francisco’s first 11 games this season as a backup to starting running back Frank Gore. He’s now the second 49ers player lost for the season this week, joining wide receiver/returner Kyle Williams, who tore his ACL.
The loss of Hunter means the Niners will need rookie LaMichael James and veteran Brandon Jacobs to step up. James has yet to dress for a game this season.
Jacobs, who signed with San Francisco after being cut by the Giants, got his first carry of the season on Sunday. It was a rush for 1 yard.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on