The premiere NFC game of the week takes place in Green Bay, where Alex Smith and the Niners take on the Packers and last seasons MVP – Aaron Rodgers.
Green Bay entered last season’s playoffs as the favorite to win the Super Bowl after going an NFL-best 15-1. With Rodgers directing the offense, the Packers, winners of 13 straight regular-season games at Lambeau Field, led the league in scoring with an average of 35.0 points – fifth-best in NFL history.
Green Bay hosted the New York Giants in a divisional playoff game, but the offense wasn’t sharp and the defense – a weakness all season – struggled mightily in a 37-20 loss to the eventual Super Bowl champs.
“That’s a very important game and you want to play your best in the most important games, and we did not accomplish that,” coach Mike McCarthy said.
Click HERE to read the rest of the Preview!
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on