On Friday, 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh said Michael Crabtree’s lower-leg injury wasn’t serious and he expects him to return to practice soon, Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Crabtree, who missed his sixth straight day of practice, ran a series of sprints on an adjacent field as part of his rehab work.
The 49ers open the preseason Friday against the visiting Vikings. Due to a contract holdout and injuries, Crabtree didn’t play in a preseason game in his first three seasons.
“The thing I feel for Michael, I know he’s feeling it, too – he came in such great shape. He looked fantastic,” Harbaugh said. “We feel like we’ll get him back soon and we can pick right up. I don’t think this is going to be a major bump in the road. I think this is going to be a minor one. He’s chomping at the bit to get back out there, and I anticipate that happening soon.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on