The 49ers say linebacker Aldon Smith sustained minor injuries during an incident Friday night in San Jose and that he is recovering comfortably.
A person with knowledge of the situation says Smith suffered stab wounds. The person spoke on condition of anonymity Saturday because those details had not been released.
The team says it is in communication with authorities and won’t comment further at this time. 49ers general manager Trent Baalke says, “We are in contact with Aldon, and thankful that his injuries were not more serious.”
Smith, 22, made a franchise-rookie record 14 sacks for most among NFL rookies last season, to go along with two forced fumbles.
The 6-foot-4, 258-pound Smith was the seventh overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft out of Missouri.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on