The 49ers have signed three-time All-Pro punter Andy Lee to a six-year contract extension through the 2018 season.
The 49ers announced Lee’s extension Wednesday. San Francisco selected Lee in the sixth round of the 2004 draft with the 188th pick overall.
The 29-year-old has played in 128 games for the 49ers and holds team records in punts (723), yards (33,069), gross average (45.7), net average (38.9) and punts downed inside the 20-yard line (209). Since 2007, Lee’s gross punting average (47.9) and net average (40.7) rank second in the NFL.
Lee set the NFL single-season record last year in net punting average (44.0), and his gross average (50.9) ranked third in NFL history.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on