The 49ers have agreed to terms with sixth round safety Trent Robinson and fifth round linebacker Darius Fleming.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
Robinson began his career at Michigan State as a cornerback before moving to safety in 2009. Over his 46-game career, the 5-foot-9, 195-pound Robinson totaled 229 tackles and nine interceptions with 12 passes defensed. Robinson has 4.5-40 speed and posted a 35″ vertical leap and 15 reps in the bench press at the Combine.
Robinson is expected to begin his career as a back-up safety who contributes on special teams.
The 6-foot-1, 245-pound Fleming played both defensive end and linebacker at Notre Dame, totaling 157 tackles, 32 tackles for loss, 14.5 sacks with two interceptions and seven passes defensed during his 50-game career in South Bend. Like Robinson, Fleming’s NFL career is expected to begin as a backup/core special teams player.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on