Well the first round is done and over, and it went by quick, and had a lot of movement. The 49ers filled a need at the WR position by selecting Illinois wide out A.J. Jenkins. Jenkins is average sized, but does a good job making plays after the catch. While he doesn’t have amazing speed he knows how to find holes in zone coverage. Somehow though I can’t help but feel that they reached for him at 30. The teams has bigger needs on the offensive line and a player like Cordy Glenn was still there, but they felt Jenkins wouldn’t be there in the second round. Jenkins however has the chance to learn from Randy Moss and Mario Manningham, who is fresh off a Super Bowl win.
Now that the team is heading into the second round they need to address the need on the offensive line. The 49ers got the guy they really wanted, but could it have come at too high a price? I guess only time will tell.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on