The Sacramento Bee reports that right now the Niners have yet to address how the depth chart will be at the QB spot with the acquisition of Josh Johnson.
The 49ers have not talked to their four quarterbacks about the pecking order at the position. But newcomer Josh Johnson today said the player at the top of the depth chart is apparent. “Obviously Alex (Smith) is the starter. He deserves it,” Johnson said.
Johnson said that he and the others have begun meeting this week with coaches, including Jim Harbaugh, offensive coordinator Greg Roman and quarterbacks coach Geep Chryst. He’s also thrown to some of his new receivers, including tight ends Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker. Said Johnson to the duo: “You all run like receivers. That’s something new for me. You’ve got to treat them like receivers.” As for Smith’s role as the starter, Johnson said it’s just “common sense. It’s how the industry works. Why wouldn’t he be? He went to the NFC Championship last year.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on