The groundbreaking on the Niners new stadium will start on April 19th.
The San Francisco 49ers have made it official: the team will conduct a Santa Clara groundbreaking ceremony for their new stadium on Thursday, April 19. After some lockout-related financial delays, the financing plan came together fast enough to get the stadium started sooner rather than later. Construction work had already begun on make-ready work at and around the site, but April 19 will mark the official shovel in the ground for the stadium. There were some modest legal delays related to the financing plan, but the court threw dismissed the case, putting the stadium back on track. In getting the stadium started this month, the 49ers should be in sufficient position to start playing their in 2014.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on