The 49ers have taken their second NY Giant this offseason, as today the team came to terms with free agent running back Brandon Jacobs. Those terms were not disclosed.
A fourth-round pick out of Southern Illinois by the New York Giants in 2005, the 6-foot-4, 256-pound Jacobs ranks fourth in Giants’ history with 4,849 rushing yards and is the team’s all-time leader in rushing touchdowns with 56.
Jacobs twice topped 1,000 yards rushing (2007, 2008) his 15 rushing touchdowns in 2008 was the second-highest single-season total in team history. Jacobs added 461 yards and four rushing touchdowns in 10 post-season games, including 23 carries for 79 yards in two Super Bowl wins over the New England Patriots.
Released by the Giants for salary cap purposes earlier this month, the club had not ruled out bringing him back at a lower rate.
In San Francisco, Jacobs will be a big-bodied, veteran complement to starter Frank Gore and 5-foot-9, 199-pound backup running back Kendall Hunter.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on