The Niners lost out on the Peyton Manning sweepstakes on Monday, and now the team is trying to get back QB Alex Smith.
Matt Maiocco of Comcast SportsNet Bay Area states that the Niners and Smith are trying to work things out, and come to terms on a deal that will get him back in the Bay.
The report says specifically that Smith and head coach Jim Harbaugh are “ironing things out.”
Smith started every single game for the 49ers team that went 13-3 last year and was close to taking San Fran to the Super Bowl, but a couple turnovers on special teams killed their chances in an OT loss to the Giants.
Despite the run at Manning, there’s no question that Smith and the Niners need to work things out, this despite Smith chatting over the weekend with the Dolphins for five hours.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on