While the Niners still entertain the thought of trying to get free agent QB Peyton Manning, the team is moving quickly to acquire WR’s, as the team has come to terms with free agent wide receiver Mario Manningham.
Manningham was a hero in the Super Bowl, making the key catch in the game winning drive which saw the Giants eventually beat the New England Patriots.
He was a 2008 third-round pick out of Michigan by the Giants. He has 160 receptions for 2,315 yards and 18 touchdowns in his 50-game career. In 12 games in 2011, Manningham caught 39 passes for 523 yards and four touchdowns, adding 13 receptions for 189 yards and three touchdowns in the Giants’ four post-season games this season.
The 49ers add Manningham to a WR core that already has added Randy Moss this offseason as well. Now the question is, who will be throwing them the ball.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on