Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reports that 49ers FS Dashon Goldson “expects” to receive the teams franchise tag in the coming and has hired a new agency that’s familiar with negotiating contracts with San Francisco.
There’s really not a much to negotiate when a team decides to use their franchise tag on you but Goldson must be holding out hope that they’ll try to negotiate a long-term deal.
It’s been reported for a number of weeks now that Goldson is the favorite for the tag but they’ll still have to decide on what to do with CB Carlos Rogers who will also be a free agent in a matter of weeks. The franchise tag for safeties will run the 49ers $6.2 million for the 2012 season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on