The 49ers have signed safety C.J. Spillman to a three-year contract extension, Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reports.
According to Maiocco, the extension is worth $6 million and includes $1.8 million in guaranteed money. Originally signed by the Chargers as an undrafted free agent out of Marshall, Spillman totaled 19 tackles in 10 games with the Chargers before he was placed on waivers and claimed by the 49ers.
Spillman has 31 tackles over the last 27 games, including 28 on special teams. Spillman was scheduled to be a restricted free agent this off-season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on