49ers President and CEO Jed York announced that the team has extended the contract of general manager Trent Baalke through the 2016 season.
Baalke has been with the 49ers for the last seven seasons, serving as a regional scout prior to his promotion to Director of Player Personnel in 2008 and Vice President of Player Personnel in 201. Baalke was named the team’s General Manager on January 4, 2011.
In his first season as general manager, Baalke hired head coach Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers went 13-3, made the playoffs for the first time since 2002 and advanced to the NFC Championship Game, losing in overtime to the eventual Super Bowl champion New York Giants.
In addition to Baalke’s extension, York announced that Gideon Yu has been promoted to team President. Yu was in his first season as the team’s Chief Strategy Officer, where he’s been working on the team’s new stadium project in Santa Clara.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on