49ers coaching assistant Bobby Engram has accepted the position of wide receivers coach at the University of Pittsburgh. Panthers head coach Paul Chryst is the brother of 49ers quarterbacks coach Geep Chryst.
“Bobby Engram is an outstanding addition to our staff,” Chryst said in a statement on the Pitt website. “I’m really excited that our players will have the opportunity to learn and benefit from Bobby’s tremendous experience and knowledge of the game. He will be a great teacher on the field and make an even greater impact on our players off the field.”
Engram, 39, caught 650 passes for 7,751 yards and 35 touchdowns in a 14-year career with the Bears (1996-2000), Seahawks (2001-08) and Chiefs (2009).
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on