Apparently Donte Whitner still has sour grapes from his exit last year with the Buffalo Bills. The San Francisco 49ers safety is in the middle of a playoff run and still found a way to rip his former team and former head coach Chan Gailey. Whitner told the San Francisco Chronicle that the 49ers’ culture under coach Jim Harbaugh is much better than what he had in Buffalo.
Whitner added that Gailey would publicly assign blame when things were going bad. According to the Chronicle, Whitner said Jets head coach Rex Ryan “will never throw his players under the bus, and he puts all the pressure on himself. Coach [Jim] Harbaugh does the same thing. A lot of coaches, when they don’t want the pressure on them, don’t want the hands pointed at them or the media to turn on them, they put things out to the media that really shouldn’t be out there. ‘Oh, this guy should have made this play or he should have done this.’ That stuff never works, and players really understand that and locker rooms understand that.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on