As expected, the 49ers have promoted wide receiver Joe Hastings from the practice squad to the 53-man roster.
Hastings’ agent, David Canter, tweeted the news this afternoon.
Undrafted out of Washburn, where he caught 87 passes for 1,546 yards and 15 touchdowns in 2010, Hasting signed with the 49ers after the lockout. Though he did not catch a pass during the preseason, Hastings was signed to the practice squad at the start of the season and his work ethic has impressed the 49ers’ coaching staff.
With injuries expected to limit or keep Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams out for the regular season finale, Hastings could make his NFL debut on Sunday. Hastings takes the roster spot that was created with the release of wide receiver Braylon Edwards earlier in the week.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on