The Sac Bee reports that 49ers practice squad wide out Joe Hastings is expected to be added to the teams active roster in the next 1-2 days.
Any 49ers fans dreaming of a triumphant return by Terrell Owens will be disappointed. Jim Harbaugh today said the team probably would fill its opening at receiver by promoting a receiver from its practice squad. One of those receivers, John Matthews, said the job would go to the other one, Joe Hastings. “I think Joe’s the guy who’s the next man up,” said Matthews. Hastings, meanwhile, evaded reporters by saying he had to go to a meeting (which probably is revealing in itself.) Promoting Hastings makes perfect sense on a Harbaugh-run team that values hard work, team unity and camaraderie. Hastings, who went undrafted out of Washburn University in April, has become a favorite of the coaching staff and players for his toughness and pluck.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on