After surrendering a staggering 18 sacks in the past three games, the 49ers (10-3) are facing the prospect of playing without left tackle Joe Staley for the Monday night matchup against the Steelers (10-3) at Candlestick Park.
The blindside blocker is still recovering from a concussion and hasn’t participated in practice this week.
Staley, who took a blow to the head against Arizona and didn’t return, ran light sprints on the sideline during the portion of Friday’s practice open to the media but did not participate with the team. One of the leaders of the line and the 49ers, Staley said he feels fine now but is unsure if he’ll be cleared to play.
The left tackle is going through a series of neurological tests this week under the NFL’s concussion protocol.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on