Offensive coordinator Greg Roman said the 49ers will discuss giving backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick more playing time over the last five games. Kaepernick’s only snaps this season came at the end of a Week 5 blowout victory of the Buccaneers.
He was 3-for-3 for 35 yards in the fourth quarter of that game, and he nearly threw a touchdown pass to receiver Josh Morgan, who was stopped at the 1-yard line. The 49ers are on the verge of making the playoffs, but they have no proven backups behind starter Alex Smith. The only other quarterback on the roster, Scott Tolzien, also is a rookie who has been inactive every game this season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on