A rookie seventh-round draft pick out of Central Florida.
At six-foot-two, 248-pounds, fullback Bruce Miller is leading the way for one of the best backs in the NFL – and the Pro Bowler he’s blocking for has some high praise for the rookie.
As Miller met with a group of reporters Monday, Frank Gore walked by and shouted, “He’s a mini Tom Rathman!”
“He’s doing great,” Gore said. “What I like about him is he listens to what I tell him before the play, so he can get out faster and read stuff faster, so get on the person he has to block. Like I say, he’s very smart. And he’s doing whatever (Rathman) and I tell him to do.”
Rathman is the 49ers’ running backs coach and blocked for the man (Roger Craig), Gore just passed as the all-time leader on the team’s rushing list.
Injury news: Miller received X-rays that were negative on an injured right thumb and downplayed the issue.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on