49ers coach Jim Harbaugh admits that his postgame handshake needs a little work, but the 49ers coach isn’t apologizing to Lions coach Jim Schwartz, or anyone else, for that matter, despite the firestorm according to Steve Corkran of Bayareanewsgroup.com.
Harbaugh and Schwartz engaged in some heated words in the wake of the 49ers’ 25-19 victory over the Lions on Sunday, with Schwartz responding to a hard handshake and slap on the back from Harbaugh by charging after Harbaugh and bumping him from behind.
“I don’t think that there’s any reason for an apology,” Harbaugh said Monday at his weekly news conference. “We spoke about it after the game and, at some point, we will talk in private. Apologies always seem to me like excuses.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on