The 49ers announced that linebacker Patrick Willis has been rewarded NFC Defensive Player of the Week honors for Week 5.
Willis recorded 12 tackles and a fumble recovery in the team’s 48-3 thrashing of the Buccaneers on Sunday.
For the season, the four-time Pro Bowler has a team-high 40 tackles with four passes defensed, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries.
Furthermore, the Mississippi product spearheads the fourth-best run defense in the NFL.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on