Raiders CEO Amy Trask and Al Davis’ son, Mark Davis, will search for a director of football operations or a general manager, possibly both according to Vittorio Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle.
In the meantime, first-year coach Hue Jackson will make personnel decisions, something he said Monday that he is ready to do. Who is on the Raiders’ list? Calls around the league provide a rough list to start with, and one name that kept popping up was Tom Gamble, 49ers director of player personnel. Gamble, who was formerly the team’s director of pro personnel since 2005, was a Davis favorite who some say Davis wanted to hire as a general manager a few years back.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on