49ers wide receiver Josh Morgan will miss the remainder of the season after being placed on injured reserve with a broken ankle.
Also, according to coach Jim Harbaugh, it appears that wideout Braylon Edwards won’t return until after the team’s bye in Week 7.
Earlier in the week, the club signed ex-Packer receiver Brett Swain, who has just six catches in 22 career contests.
Another Taylor: The 49ers announced on Wednesday that they have signed WR Kerry Taylor to the team’s practice squad.
Taylor (6-0, 197) originally signed as an undrafted free agent with the Packers on 7/28/11 and was released following training camp. He was then signed to the New England Patriots practice squad on 9/5/11 and was later released on 9/16.
The 22-year old Taylor starred collegiately at Arizona State, appearing in 46 games (20 starts) for the Sun Devils and finished his career with 112 receptions for 1,433 yards (12.8 avg.) and seven TDs. He is also the nephew of former 49ers speedster WR John Taylor.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on