Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle reports the 49ers inked wide receiver Brett Swain, 26, a seventh-round selection of the Packers in 2008, to a one-year contract, said his agent, Bruce Tollner. He was among a trio of wideouts to work out for the team that reportedly included T.J. Houshmandzadeh, 34, Chris Chambers, 33, and Brian Finneran, 35.
Swain figures to have some familiarity with the 49ers’ system after spending his first three campaigns in Green Bay’s West Coast offense. He is also known for his sensational special-teams play, as he tallied a game-best three special teams stops in the Packers’ victory over the Steelers in Super Bowl XLV.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on