Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reports 49ers No. 1 wide receiver Josh Morgan suffered a fractured right ankle late in the fourth quarter of the 48-3 stomping of the Bucs on Sunday at Candlestick.
“You’ve got to play,” 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh said. “You can’t take a knee with four minutes left in the game. It could have been a run. Josh was competing. I think he’s going to be OK. (Backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick) is competing. He’s got to get the work. We’re not taking a knee with four minutes left in the game.”
Morgan had a season-high five receptions for 75 yards on Sunday. Through five games this season, the 2008 sixth-round pick out of Virginia Tech leads the team’s wideouts with 15 receptions for 220 yards this season.
How long Morgan will be out has not been determined, Maiocco adds.
The 49ers have wide receivers Joe Hastings and John Matthews on the practice squad, one of whom could be added to the 53-man roster this week.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on