Alex Smith always considered the boos from his home crowd just part of the territory as an NFL quarterback.
He’d rather hear something than nothing at all to know they truly care.
For all those unfriendly jabs and the constant criticism he has endured in a roller coaster seven-year NFL career, Smith is suddenly giving people plenty to cheer about so far this season for surprising San Francisco (3-1).
The 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick is thriving under new coach Jim Harbaugh’s guidance, rallying the 49ers from a 20-point third-quarter deficit to win at Philadelphia on Sunday. He hopes to continue that progress through a tough home test Sunday against Tampa Bay, which is also 3-1 and whipped the Niners 21-0 last November at Candlestick Park.
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on