49ers coach Jim Harbaugh expects running back Frank Gore to play this week at Philadelphia despite a sprained right ankle that limited him in Sunday’s win at Cincinnati.
Harbaugh, whose 2-1 Niners lead the NFC West, is game-planning this week as if Gore will start against the Eagles. San Francisco is practicing in Youngstown, Ohio, to avoid a return trip to the West Coast before facing Philadelphia.
“Frank’s status, in my mind right now, Frank is good to go,” Harbaugh said in a conference call. “We’ll plan, we’ll scheme and prepare for this game with Frank, along with the rest of the players on this team.”
Harbaugh said Gore was walking without a boot Monday and also referred to rookie Kendall Hunter as “the backup tailback” — leaving little question that Gore remains the guy, for now at least. Hunter ran 7 yards for the game’s only touchdown with 3:59 left Sunday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on