Running back Frank Gore sustained a right ankle sprain in the second quarter but remained in the game without much success.
Gore played all but three of the 49ers’ first-half offensive plays but saw considerable action on the sideline in the second half with Kendall Hunter getting the most action thus far of his rookie season. Coach Jim Harbaugh said Gore was removed because of the injury.
“I kind of tweaked and I couldn’t go the way I wanted to,” Gore said. “Yeah, I couldn’t be myself. Some of the runs, I couldn’t make the cut I wanted to make. Hopefully, I get better this week.”
When asked if he’d be able to play next week against the Philadelphia Eagles, Gore answered, “I can’t tell until tomorrow. See how I’m feeling.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on