The 49ers have signed Justin Peelle to a one-year deal, giving the team a third tight end.
The 49ers waived safety Colin Jones on Tuesday to clear roster space. San Francisco had selected Jones in the sixth round in this year’s draft out of Texas Christian.
Peelle, in his 10th NFL season, was cut last month by the Atlanta Falcons after a three-year stint with the team.
In 137 NFL games, Peelle has 122 receptions for 984 yards and 12 touchdowns. He had 10 catches for 96 yards in 13 games last season, when he was slowed by a groin injury. He is a native of nearby Fresno, Calif., and starred in college at Oregon.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on