At the end of the day, the Niners will look back at safety Taylor Mays, and realized that he was nothing more than a wasted draft pick.
It was a year ago the team took him with the 49th overall pick, and now he’s already gone, the 49ers practically gave him him away to the Bengals last week in a trade.
The 49ers received a seventh-round pick in the 2013 draft from the Bengals in exchange for Mays, Bengals radio analyst Dave Lapham reported Thursday on the team’s pregame show.
When the trade was made last week, the 49ers and Bengals declined to disclose the terms of the trade. Mays saw limited action Thursday for the Bengals against the Carolina Panthers and recorded one assisted tackle. He is one of six safeties on the Bengals’ roster.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on