The Sac Bee reports that WR Michael Crabtree had foot surgery before training camp.
49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Sunday that “it’s possible” wide receiver Michael Crabtree, recovering from a broken foot, could return to practice this week but Crabtree is still unlikely to play in Thursday’s preseason finale against the Chargers and his status for the regular-season opener Sept. 11 also is unknown. According to a source, Crabtree fractured his left foot during a player-run practice at San Jose on June 6. Crabtree had surgery on the foot prior to the start of training camp and was placed on the physically unable to perform list. He is still on the PUP list. Crabtree suffered a stress fracture to the same foot likely during his senior season at Texas Tech.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on