Frank Gore’s frustration has grown to the point that those around him say they’ve never seen the 49ers’ running back as frustrated as he’s been over the past couple weeks. One team source said Gore has uncharacteristically “snapped” at some of the team’s assistant coaches as his concern has grown over not receiving a contract extension. Gore is signed through the upcoming season at approximately $5 million.
Gore is not pleased he has played more in the exhibition season than in previous years, which puts him more at risk for injury while he awaits a new contract, the source said. Miami-based agent Drew Rosenhaus is scheduled to arrive in the Bay Area on Monday for a second round of face-to-face talks with 49ers chief negotiator Paraag Marathe, CSN Bay Area confirmed Friday.
“The best thing we can say is we’re doing everything we can to make Frank a 49er for life and whether that gets accomplished in the near future or not remains to be seen,” 49ers general manager Trent Baalke this week told Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan of SiriusXM NFL Radio.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on