Based on his performance on the practice field the past two days, quarterback Alex Smith has widened his lead to be the 49ers’ starter, coach Jim Harbaugh said Tuesday.
Harbaugh has repeatedly stated that Smith is in the lead but he remains in competition with rookie Colin Kaepernick for the starting job. But after watching Smith practice on Monday and Tuesday, Harbaugh said the picture is coming into better focus.
“There’s some separation there,” Harbaugh said. “Alex has done a fine job. But Kaep is doing a phenomenal job. He is going to be one heck of a talent and one heck of a player.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on