Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network reports that ex-49ers head coach Mike Singletary was the only member of the 49ers braintrust last season who wanted to draft free safety Taylor Mays. Singletary and general Manager Trent Baalke were at odds over the pick, and we suspect Singletary “pounded the table” for the tweener safety. This may explain why the team has Mays on the trading block after just one season. With Singletary gone, Mays may be the next guy out the door.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on