Tight end Nate Byham has a torn ACL and will miss the rest of the season, according to his agent, Chase Callahan. Byham, who is scheduled to undergo surgery in two weeks at Stanford Hospital, was carted off the practice field Saturday after he jumped for a pass and landed awkwardly on his left knee.
The loss of Byham, 23, penciled as the No. 3 tight end on the depth chart behind Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker, could leave the team in the market for depth at the position. Based on Jim Harbaugh’s offense at Stanford, the Niners are expected to make extensive use of their tight ends. The other tight ends on the training-camp roster are Colin Cloherty, 23, who has one career reception, and Konrad Reuland, 24, an undrafted free agent from Stanford.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on