The Sac Bee reports that a player that the Niners may have an interest in looking to possibly trade for is Redskins CB Carlos Rogers.
A cornerback market that once was rich in quality cover men only has a few names left. One of them, Redskins free agent Carlos Rogers, is drawing interest from the 49ers, according to a league source. Washington drafted Rogers (6-0, 190) ninth overall out of Auburn in 2005 and he took over as a regular starter the following season. The 49ers finished 24th in pass defense last season and then lost their top cornerback, Nate Clements, when he signed with the Bengals. According to national reports, they were in the running for three high-profile cornerbacks on the free-agent market this year, Nnamdi Asomugha, Jonathan Joseph and Antonio Cromartie.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on