As originally reported by Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee, 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree’s foot injury will keep him on the sidelines for a couple of weeks of training camp.
The 49ers announced on Thursday night that Crabtree, rookie fullback Bruce Miller, and wide receiver Dominique Zeigler have been placed on the physically unable to perform list.
According to Barrows’ report, Crabtree could miss four-to-six weeks of camp, which would be the third straight preseason the 10th overall pick of the 2009 NFL Draft will have missed. Crabtree did not sign his rookie contract until October, and sat out last year’s preseason games with a neck injury.
Crabtree re-injured his foot during the the player-run workouts at San Jose State University in June.
In 27 games over his first two seasons in the league, Crabtree has 103 receptions for 1,366 yards and eight touchdowns.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on