Soon after the lockout is officially over, undrafted college free agents will be signing with teams. One of the most notable undrafted free agents is linebacker Mark Herzlich of Boston college.
As you may recall, Herzlich overcame cancer and expected to be drafted last April but was not. He had an offer from the UFL but turned it down to pursue his NFL dream. Herzlich told Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee, the 49ers “have definitely been in discussion.”
From there, he and his agent will find the best fit. “You look at a lot of teams and say, ‘Ok, these guys might need an outside linebacker. It might be a good fit,'” he said. “But then free agency could come about and then they sign a few veteran outside linebackers and all of sudden it’s not a good fit anymore.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on