Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com has the latest about how Steve Young says the 49ers are the front runners for Matt Hasselbeck, the Seahawks free agent QB.
Steve Young floated the idea Monday that the 49ers are in play for veteran free-agent quarterback Matt Hasselbeck.
The Hall of Fame quarterback, who has strong ties to Hasselbeck’s agent, David Dunn, made his comments on ESPN’s “NFL Live.” Hasselbeck, who turns 36 in September, has struggled with injuries and performance since a strong 2007 season.
Hasselbeck started 14 games last season for the Seahawks and compiled a 73.2 passer rating with 12 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. But Hasselbeck also has a long history in the West Coast system, and he has led the Seahawks to six playoff appearances since 2001.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on