Don’t expect the 49ers to jump into the free agent market and sign big money free agents once the lockout is over.
49ers GM Trent Baalke told Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News that the teams that jump too soon and too recklessly into free agency might get burned the most.
Baalke added, “From a philosophical standpoint, we’re not going to be major players in free agency.”
“I’m a guy that likes to believe that you’re far better off dealing with the known than the unknown, right? You know your guys the best and if they are guys that you think are 49ers and 49ers moving forward, you’re going to try to everything you can to keep them, realizing it’s still a business and you can’t keep everybody. You can’t make everybody happy.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on