Pro Football Weekly reports that rookie QB Colin Kaepernick is impressing teammates with his arm.
Pro Football Weekly hears that 49ers rookie QB Colin Kaepernick has wasted no time raising eyebrows in players-only workouts with his strong arm. Sources on the scene cited one Kaepernick bullet that literally knocked free-agent WR Lance Long off his feet on one slant route. “He’s got a gun,” one close observer said of Kaepernick. “He’s got a much stronger arm than Alex Smith. As a sophomore pitcher in high school, he was throwing a baseball 93 mph.” His teammates agreed. Said left tackle Joe Staley: “We’re excited about him. … He doesn’t have that rookie, deer-in-the-headlights mentality. I think he’s going to be a good quarterback.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on