The Santa Clara City Council late Tuesday unanimously approved a contract with New Jersey-based Legends Hospitality to sell season tickets for the $987 million stadium next to Great America according to Mike Rosenberg of the San Jose Mercury News.
Legends Hospitality has already sold $138 million in suites for the new stadium.
Legends said it plans to hire sales reps later this year and will start selling seats in January. They plan to launch a long-term marketing campaign, as the building is not slated to open until 2015.
Team officials won’t say yet how much the tickets will cost or if they will require fans to purchase tickets for several years. Some season ticket holders who spoke at the meeting said they were concerned the investment for the tickets would be too high.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on