The 49ers concluded another camp organized by quarterback Alex Smith.
“They got a taste of” the new offense, Smith told Kevin Lynch of the San Francisco Chronicle. “I think a pretty good taste.”
Smith, by the way, hopes he won’t have to organize another minicamp. He’s optimistic the lockout will end soon, and additionally, there’s not much more he can teach his teammates. Forced to do another minicamp, Smith said, he’d be “venturing into stuff I’m less comfortable with.”
Smith was asked Friday if he’d be disappointed if new coach Jim Harbaugh brings in a veteran to compete with him when training camp opens.
“I don’t know if I’d be disappointed,” Smith said. “Obviously, that would up the competition level.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on