According to Mike Rosenberg of the San Jose Mercury News, the 49ers have sold $138 million in luxury suites.
The sale is a sorely needed touchdown for the local football franchise, already dealing with a yearlong delay to its stadium construction, the NFL lockout and the pending death of redevelopment agencies, which jeopardizes its funding plan.
“These remarkable sale results should answer anyone who asks if the stadium in Santa Clara will be a reality,” Mayor Jamie Matthews said. Team officials said the buyers have not given permission to disclose their names yet, but a majority of suite owners so far are individuals, along with some companies.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on