49ers second-round quarterback Colin Kaepernick will not attend the NFLPA’s “The Business of Football” rookie symposium this week in Bradenton, Florida, reports Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee.
Kaepernick will instead be in attendance at the team’s player-run mini-camp this week.
Due to the lockout, the NFL canceled the previously mandatory rookie symposium, which was scheduled to begin yesterday in Canton, Ohio. The NFLPA stepped up and organized a similar event, which will be held at IMG Madden Academy in Bradenton, Florida.
Unlike the NFL-organized symposium, the NFLPA’s event is voluntary. Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange reports that 70% of the 254 players chosen in the 2011 entry draft are expected to attend.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
49ers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our 49ers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest San Francisco 49ers news.
- 49ers Pass Rusher Dee Ford Makes a Big Impact in Return to Practice on
- Tevin Coleman Likely to Be the 49ers Lead RB in 2019 on
- Are the Niners Ready to Turn the Corner? Only Time Will Tell on
- Podcasts: Thoughts on the Niners Loss to the Bears; Response to Fans Questions on
- Midseason Review – San Francisco 49ers on